Last week my mum came to attend an orphanage conference held by my step-father.
- At 8pm his driver came to pick me up from the hostel and take me to the orphanage center, then at 10pm we went to the airport using the PRESIDENT'S CAR!! So we easily got into the VIP waiting lounge (it was WOW and I din't even they had one) and waited for my mum there. Then when my mum arrived I went into the VIP bus to go the plane to pick up my mum. After collecting her bags and all then we headed to the hotel.
- Movenpick is the name. It has 2 swimming pools, sauna, jacuzzi, spa, etc3..
- Had breakfast at 8am then go to the Grand Ballroom for the conference which ended at 11am. There were "graduates" from the orphan. The orphan center not only provide shelter but also education in the center. So, those who finished their studies were given certificates and prize money for those with good results.
- At around 1pm all of the guest (including me) went to Al-Baek Al-Shaibani Restaurant with a bus. And there was also police escort!! We had ice breaking and some sang nasyid. The guests were from Lebanon, Riyadh, Jeddah, Kuwait, Sudan, Japan (but he's a Buddhist), Syria and many more.
- We went back to the hotel after finishing our lunch.
- There was a program at around 6pm but I did not join.
- There was another conference and ended at 1.30pm. And then we had lunch and went back to the hotel after lunch and another program at 6pm which I did not join again. (I forgot why)
(I forgot what happened in monday and tuesday)
- Go to the orphan center for another conference. The conference is not like just talking2 and then Q&A sessions. There is drama, nasyid, etc. And the President of Yemen came for today's conference and he donated USD1 MILLION (of course he's EXTREMELY rich, he takes the country's money for himself).
- After the conference we went ot the PRESIDENT'S MOSQUE!! It's strictly for him, his family (and the ministers too I think). The mosque is really WOOOOWWW!! It's huge! And the inside was really beautifully decorated, it's quite like Masjid Nabawi I'd say. Inside the pillars is the air-cond like Masjid Nabawi.
- After praying Zuhr we went for lunch and back to the hotel. And finally, after 5MONTHS!! I went for a swim and jacuzzi :D
- At night we went to Hadda Hotel for another conference. But this time it was mainly to collect funds for the orphanage center from the guests. And they were all donating like they have a money printer at home. The amount of collected funds was really a lot.
- Again we went to the orphan center but his time it's because 1000 ppl from the orphanage were getting married. 1000 BRIDE & GROOM. Here they like to have multiple wedding at one time.
- And we had lunch at Allahyarham Sheikh Abdullah bin Husein Al-Ahmar and back to the hotel.
- At 6pm we went to someone's house and then there was another conference but this time it's for the Al-Quran Organization. Again the guests was donating their money like water..
- At 6am we went to Alhaddah (my step father's village). It was a 2 hour journey, then had breakfast and went down to the farm and had a feast of grapes and pomegrenates!! Then the guests went to Ibb (I did not go).
- They came back from Ibb at 8pm. Then had dinner and the guests went back to the hotel in Sana'a. My mum and I stayed with him in Alhaddah.
- Sheikh Abdul Majeed Zindaini (one of those who is on the US wanted list) came to have breakfast (he had a car full of soldiers as his escort). And I just realized I'm somehow quite famous here, during breakfast I was sitting beside one of the soldiers. Then suddenly he said to me (S -soldier, A-me)
S: Ahmad Malizee?
A: Yes.(how did he know me, i don't even know him).
S: You know Mujeeb (an ex-teacher at my mum's school, now in Amran, Yemen) right?.
S: I am his friend, ?I saw you in Amran with him.
The last time I went there was like about 3months ago!!
Also there were some ppl who knows me but I don't even know them. And my mum said so too. whenever she say that she's MY mum then ppl would go like "ooo..Ahmad Malizee? yes2, I know him..."
- At 9.30pm I went back to Sana'a with my mum.
- At 5pm we went I went to the airport with my mum and we got into the VIP lonunge again. Then I finally get to sit down with her and chit chat. At 6.30pm we got into the VIP bus and sent her to the plane and then I went back to the hotel...
I'll be back in a week or ten days!