Saturday, May 1, 2010

Don't judge a book by it's cover . . .

Often do we hear that proverb. Well . . .In this case, don't judge a person by it's appearances!




I am sure you get the morale of the video right? (Just incase if you don't, just comment)
So, I'll just leave the explanations. There is also one story similar to this. A story related from one of Wali-wali Allah, Hasan Basri.

The story goes like this:
One day, Hasan Basri was sitting on a river bed and saw a man holding an alcohol glass bottle and sitting with a young lady. He said to himself, "What a bad person he is! I wish he is as good as me."
At the same time there was a boat travelling in the river and slowly the boat started to sink. There were 7 people on that boat. That man immediately jumped into the river to save them from drowning and was able to save 6 of them. Then he turned around and said to Hasan Basri, "If you are more noblr than me, in the name of Allah, go and save that one person that is still in drowning in the river. You save only one person but I saved 6."
However, Hasan Basri was not able to save that one person. That man said to him, "Sir, the lady with me is my mother, and the bottle contains only water. This event was a test for you."
Upon hearing this, Hasan fell to a sitting position and said, "Like how you had saved 6 persons from drowning, save me from drowning in pride and arrogance." That man replied, "May Allah fulfill your prayer."
Ever since this event happened, Hasan became a very humble person.


Until next time . . =D

No comments: